Christian Gifts you don’t have to give up for Lent March 12 2014
One of the many Christian gifts we cherish is Easter and the weeks leading up to it. Ash Wednesday occurred last week, signaling the beginning of Lent. So what Christian gifts have you given up for Lent?
Giving up for Lent
Many Christians feel they have to give up something for Lent and end up giving up something that has very little impact on their lives. In the end, we end up giving up something for Lent for all the wrong reasons.
Instead of giving up a gift you cherish, considering giving up one of these five things:
- Self-doubt – As you believe it, so shall it be. Let go of the self-doubt and believe God has a plan for you that is beyond anything you could imagine. Remember what is said in Timothy: For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7
- Self-pity – Hebrews 13:5 tells us, “Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’” God comforts us in our sorrow so that we can comfort others with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
- Blame – Don’t pass the buck; take responsibility for your actions. Romans tells us, And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
- Gossip and Negativity – A waste of time and energy, let go of idle and meaningless gossip and negativity. Proverbs plainly states, Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler. Proverbs 20:19
- Comparison – You have your own unique contribution to make and there is no one else like you. Remember this verse: Galatians 6:4 - But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
Bible Blessings® Christian Gifts. Quality Christian Products Designed to Connect and Bless Others. With every purchase of a Bible Blessings® product comes a blessing to another human being through our "Pay It Forward" program that gives 10% of every purchase to St Jude Children's Hospital to help bless another human being. Christians looking for a job? Contact us to be a part of our retail family and help promote Faith and the Bible Blessings® Products.
Yours in Faith,
Bible Blessings® Team